Saturday, May 05, 2007

Of wanting to write and not being able to....

Writing is like a sanctuary of sorts for me. different people have different ways of unwinding, some head down to the spa, others may prefer to sleep, some chose to go on beach vacations, but for me, I write. I mean not that I don't enjoy the occasional trip to the spa, or sleeping, or even vacations... hell I love vacations, but when it comes to keeping my sanity in check, I write. It's hard to imagine what life would be like if I couldn't put down my thoughts or my imagination down in words. Though this may not be the best of examples, but it's kinda like the Marquis De Sade. Put aside his subject of choice, the Marquis De Sade was a person who had so many stories in him that he would do just about anything to write them down. They had him locked up in a mental asylum and that did not deter him for a second. When they took away his quill and paper, he wrote on his clothes, using his own blood as ink! When they stripped him naked and left him in an empty room, he whispered his story to his neighbour and the neighbour whispered it to the next guy, and so on and so forth until it reached the laundry girl who would then write it down. I may not be that eccentric but my passion for writing remains the same. I've been penning stuff down ever since I could remember. The only thing lacking is the discipline. To actually sit down and make sure I finish an entire piece. I used to be able to do that, but lately I feel like I've somehow lost the touch. My ardent fan (perhaps the only fan I have now!), my cousin Iman, is always ready with words of motivation, but I'm not so sure anymore. Which is why all you're reading now are mere ramblings with no particular purpose in mind. I still need to write so I'm just going on and on about nothing. It's weird though, I have all these things in my head but nothing seems to materialize on paper (or my computer). Guess my muse is still on vacation... I don't feel inspired anymore, not the way that I used to be. Oh well, I apologize if I've wasted your time with this nonsense, but no one's holding a gun to your head, right? Thanks for reading anyway. Maybe something worthwhile will materialize one of these days. In the meantime, perhaps I should go and read something. I've neglected my copy of Mein Kampf for a while now...

No comments: