Thursday, May 03, 2007

Of being kids and getting married...

My big brother is getting married. Well he's not exactly my big brother, technically he's my cousin, but being the eldest in my family, I think of him as my older brother. A person I can look up to, someone who's always ready with a good advice just as quick as he is with a good tease! Sometimes it just feels like time is moving by way too quickly. I can still remember the days we used to spend in Taiping, as kids, fooling around without a care in the world; cracking jokes, making instant roti canai in the middle of the night, battling out with Mario on his old nintendo... But suddenly everything's gone. Suddenly we're all adults. Facing adult problems, trying to survive in the world. How in hell did we get here? I still find it hard to believe that he's getting married. I mean that is such an adult thing to do. In my mind, we're all still 14 years old, a bunch of crazy kids in rumah kampung jambu. Back then, we thought we would never grow up. We thought that we would stay 14 forever, immortal and untouched by the world and its madness. Whatever it is, deep down, that kid still lives in all of us and I hope that he won't ever forget that. I hope that he will always be our Bhei Kamil. The crazy dude who does a mean Mr. Bean impression! The funny guy who makes us laugh with his wit and jokes. The big brother whose name we use to get out of trouble with our follks, coz' he's bhei kamil...parents approved! Whatever it is, BK, i just want you to know that I wish you and Naw all the happiness in the world. As you embark on this new journey in your life, I hope that you will always remember this one piece of advice: never, ever take her for granted. Be happy, and I can't wait for the day where there'll be little Kamils around calling me Pupi Nanum. Love ya bro!

No comments: