Monday, November 05, 2007

of wedding bells and brotherly love...

Being the eldest in the family, I do not have the luxury of looking up to a blood related elder sibling. However, life has been kind. I have been blessed with certain individuals walking into my life and taking up the roles of big brothers and sisters. One of them tied the knot a few months ago, and in a few more months, another one will walk down the aisle and exchange vows of matrimony thus leaving singleville. This is a wonderful man. I met him some five years ago while I was interning at a production house. Upon getting to know him, he almost immediately assumed the role of my big brother. Always protective, forever concerned. There's a sense of security when Nawar and I meet up with him, or when he goes out of his way to attend our open houses. The way he cares for our well-being, the way he constantly insists that we let him meet our current other halves so he can 'evaluate' the guys for us. It's truly amazing how someone with no blood ties can behave so much like a brother to us. And now he has decided to settle down and raise a family. I am very happy for my abang. When he broke the news to us and insisted that we attend the wedding not as mere guests, but as usherers, we were both so touched we found it unbelievable. Here is a man of great importance to the Malaysian community and he wants us to usher at his big day!

Abang, I thank God the intern job I took up led me to meet you. And I am truly grateful that you treat us like your sisters. You are a wonderful big brother and I pray that happiness will forever be yours and that your marriage will last for eternity. Nawar and I are counting the days to your wedding for we know how much in love you two are and we want to see you declare it to the world and walk into the ballroom as husband and wife. Be happy, abang, for you truly deserve it.

No comments: