Thursday, November 15, 2007

of life and all that jazz...

Life is complicated enough as it is without us having to add more complications to it. And yet, we still get tangled up in webs of complications and twists. Are we thrill seekers? Are we daredevils? Or are we just human beings, with a heart that's breakable and feelings that are unexplainable? It isn't like I wake up every morning determined to hunt for trouble and add to the worries in my life. If anything I wouldn't mind if things stayed simple and mundane for a bit. There's no harm in mediocrity. Normalcy. Simplicity. But then again, fate has other plans in store. Little did I know on that fateful Spetember 25th, walking up that stairs meant that I was about to embark on a journey of laughter, complications and confusion. My life changed drastically from that day. Slowly at first, but then when the speed picked up, it has been a roller-coaster ride to date. Sometimes I wonder what does God have in store for me. For a year and a half I hung on to the past, not knowing what to do, fearing where to go and evading the future. But suddenly, this man swooped in and I have no idea what hit me ever since. There's a sense of guilt whenever I am out having fun with him. I feel like I'm betraying Fareez, like I'm cheating on him or something like that. But then again, sometimes it feels like it's the most natural thing to do, he makes it feel so right. How do you figure out matters like this? How do you make sense of what's going on between two people who are so comfortable with each other yet are not emotionally available? How do you comprehend this rare relationship?

Perhaps it is best not to question too much. At times the best thing to do is to just seize the day, live for the moment and go with the flow. Sometimes when you stop asking questions, that is when you will find the answers.

If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you?

No comments: