Monday, October 01, 2007

Of dates and such....

October 2nd has arrived, yet again. A date which will forever be imprinted in my memory for as long as my heart and mind are intact, for as long as I live. Sometimes it feels like the whole thing was a dream; a magical happening that was too good to be true. Sometimes it feels like it happened so long ago. And sometimes it's as though it just happened yesterday. It's weird how time changes so much. Once upon a time, everything was perfect. To put it cornily, it was aglow with the light of a million fairies. But then you realize that you could lose everything and be left wondering where did all the good times go?
The year was 2003, the night was beautiful and the company was perfect. With one question, every single doubt and confusion simply went out the window and a door opened up. A door that led to possibilities in life, a door that was supposed to lead to eternity.
And today for the second time, I face this date on my own. I'm stronger now. Older, and stronger. With new paths to uncover, lined with friendly faces, and caring hands. As I gently thread on by, I look to these faces for assurance that I am really not alone. Old faces and new faces, they have taught me some valuable lessons. That if you fall behind, there will always be someone, if not a few, who will wait for you. All it took was the courage to close my eyes and realize that for all eternity, I will always have hope and the memories. The courage to tap a stranger on the shoulder and say, "It's a lovely day, isn't it?" The answer may surprise the most sceptic of sceptics.

No comments: