Wednesday, October 03, 2007

of twists and turns...

Ever wondered about life and the funny turns it seems to take, especially when you least expect it? For some people, they seem to embrace the turns and keep moving forward, yet for those like me, we follow the turn but somehow we remember the past. We embrace it, cherish it and acknowledge the fact that it made us who we are. I used to think moving on was something I would never be able to do. But when I look at my life now, I realized that in some ways I have moved on. Otherwise I wouldn't even be here today. My strength and courage prodded me to keep my chin up and walk through each day no matter how painful it may get. And here I am, about a year and a half later, still breathing, still living, still remembering. I realized that from that moment my life took a drastic turn a year and a half ago, I have been moving on. Just not in the sense of forgetting.
My life has taken a few different turns lately. Turns I would never have thought possible for me. And yet each day keeps turning into nights, and each night keeps changing into a brand new day. With more things to laugh about, more things to smile about. I guess what matters right now is to take things as it is.
I have been admitting a lot of new acquaintances into my life lately, including reforging old ones. And they have given me some semblance of hope that I am indeed capable of looking at the silver lining again. No matter how thin it may be, it's still there. Giving me distraction, telling me that life goes on so why fight it? And yes I have embraced that somewhat immensely. I dared to open myself up again and braved myself to follow where the road may lead. There may be brickwalls ahead, there may be obstacles, there may be a million different things I know nothing about, but the journey is proving to be not as bad as I thought it was. There are dozens of friendly faces along the way, dozens of caring hands reaching out to guide me through, dozens of new things lurking behind closed doors. Dare I turn the knob and find out? I've unlocked a few doors and I must say I liked what I saw.
Laughing feels great after such a long time. That's what matters to me right now. It's like weights being lifted right off your shoulder. I never thought it would be possible to laugh that way again. Well perhaps not quite the way I used to before, but it comes pretty close. And as I said, living for what it is right now. Yes mr batman, you make me laugh again and that says a lot!
With the sun slowly rising, signifying the end to another night of laughter, I only have this to say...see you tonight batman!

No comments: