Sunday, September 02, 2007

of worms and holes...

If you can move forward, then you can also retract your step and move backwards. That is the basis of the whole time travel theory. Working on that premise, all we need is simply a progression from that idea. Time moves forward, however if we can look for a tear in the fabric of time, then the whole concept of time travel would be possible. A hole, a mere abnormality that we can use to manipulate time. Imagine this; time is a blank, white piece of cloth, perfect in its construction and flawless in its flow. However if a tear presents itself or is created, then time can be manipulated to move backwards. The challenge lies in producing or looking for that particular tear. Through the course of history, man have been toying with this idea and experimenting with it, hoping that they will hit the jackpot and find the Einstein-Rosen Bridge.
A tear in the fabric of time, or a wormhole as it is more scientifically known, is an idea, or a shred of hope that time travel is possible. The idea of time travel has been commercialized for a long time. The Dolorean for instance was a time machine that provided the background for Steven Spielberg’s Back to the Future Trilogy. Kate & Leopold was a love story based on time travel. Why are humans so obsessed with time traveling? The answer is rather simple, I presume. Familiar with the saying to err is human, to forgive divine? I first encountered this saying when I was back in my primary school and it has always proven to be one of the truest sayings in the English language.
Man has been known to make mistakes ever since the dawn of time. And with mistakes, comes regret. However not many are able to realize the mistakes that they have done. Some move on obliviously and dwell blissfully in their own filth of ignorance. And then there are those who regret their mistakes and constantly pray for a way to correct them. Some are lucky enough to be given a chance to right their wrongs. Some go on wishing and praying for the day that they will be forgiven and gain the chance to make things right again. Some get their chances, some don’t. It is the fear of the unknown; of whether your chance will come or not, that will slowly eat you up inside. This is when you begin to wish that you could go back in time and do things differently.
So here I am, hoping that somehow I can achieve what Einstein failed, what Rosen could not do, and what Schwarschild was working on; how to combine the wormhole theory with the theory of time dilation and link it with the whole theory of relativity to make the clock reverse itself, so I can go back in time and right all my wrongs. I am harboring a huge load of regret and pain that comes with hurting the people you love. More than wanting to alleviate myself from this suffering, I want to make things right because the people I wronged deserved only the best and what I ended up doing was produce hurt and disappoint them. I loved and I love still. With that in mind, I always pray for a chance to make things right. What’s worse than your own suffering is hurting those you love.

No comments: