Wednesday, September 05, 2007

of lights in the dark...

the path wobbled before my feet
the lights seem to flash and flicker and flash
then the crash came and i shut my eyes
i smile inside and cherish the lies



the beat resonated throughout my being
it shouted and yelled so very amusing
then came the crash and the lights went dim
i swayed and moved on a whim



flying away on imaginary wings
with leprechauns and elves, wizards and kings
amidst the clouds and dodging thoughts
of pain and heartaches, a life...suffering



eyes are still closed, yet hands are moving
reaching out for a flowing distraction
like water in a river, liquid motions
thoughts are far, far away almost ancient



leaving the space of shared enthusiasm
trying to get home, smiling, laughing
uncertainty taints the road to normalcy
succumbing again... eyes are closing



the path wobbled before my feet
the night is good to me, i kiss the lies
then came the crash and as i shut my eyes
i took a moment and stopped asking the whys

No comments: