Friday, August 24, 2007

there goes my reason for living...


Blogger decided to kill my old template, so here I have found a new one. It's aptly called The Hobbit. The picture above is an artist's impression of the Shire. I am a huge Tolkien fan so I thought this template would suit my blog brilliantly.



It has been a while since I have posted anything here, perhaps that was due to the fact that I just did not feel like typing anything. Anyway, I went to see Engelbert Humperdinck's concert in Genting last night and it was simply beautiful. You can't really see much in the photo above, but all I got was my camera phone, so just imagine Engelbert (top-most pic) on the stage! I grew up with his songs, and to see him perform LIVE in front of my very eyes was somewhat surreal. My childhood was filled with Please Release Me, Lonely Table Just For One and There Goes My Everything, etc etc. And last night he was on stage, singing in person. He was quite a performer, a lot of stage presence and very good with the crowd. And his voice was just amazing. The sound system at the Arena of Stars was somewhat mediocre, but he made up for that with his performance. I was swaying in my seat and crying at some parts. When he broke into You Don't Know Me, needless to say I broke into tears...


You don't know the one

Who dreams of you at night

Who longs to kiss your lips

Longs to hold you tight

Oh, I am just a friend

That's all I've ever been

Cause you don't know me....


Here's a list of the songs Mr. Humperdinck performed last night:

1. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life

2. Am I That Easy To Forget

3. Reason To Live

4. A Man Without Love

5. Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing

6. Rockin' All Over The World

7. After The Loving

8. Every Breath You Take (Sting)

9. You Don't Know Me

10. To All The Girls I've Loved Before

11. Quando, Quando, Quando

12. Goodbye, My Lover (James Blunt)

13. Alright, Okay, You Win

14. A Chance To Be A Hero

15. There Goes My Everything

16. The Way It Used To Be (Lonely Table)

17. Blue Spanish Eyes

18. Love Me With All Your Heart

19. The Last Waltz

20. Where Is Love?

21. The Long And Winding Road (Lead Me To Your Door)

22. Please Release Me

23. My Way


All in all, I still can't believe that I saw Engelbert perform live. Next performer that will get me running to the ticket's box office would be Barry Manilow and the Bee Gees. Somebody bring them over to Malaysia, please!


As for Engelbert, even after 40 years of being in the entertainment business, he can still bring it on! Forget Gwen Stefani, forget Kanye West, oldies is the way to go!


I hear footsteps slowly walking

As they gently walk across the lonely floor

And a voice is softly saying

Darling this will be goodbye for evermore


There goes my reason for living

There goes the one of my dreams.....



No comments: