Sunday, December 09, 2007

of bats and men...

Sometimes in life you chance upon an unexpected encounter that leads to a bond that makes you realize that true friends aren't really that difficult to find. Regardless of the circumstance or initial nature of the bond, somewhere along the way, you fall into a friendship that reaffirms your faith in humanity. It makes you believe that there are kindness and goodwill in the world, if only you know where to look, and if only you just be yourself and open yourself up to new people. Friendships can emerge from strange situations, where two highly unlikely individual manage to find a common ground somehow and allow each other to explore the realms of possibilities. In just a short amount of time, you develop a sense of concern and care for the other individual and you realize that the other person cares for you too. Some people say that it is impossible for a man and woman to share a platonic friendship, but I believe that that isn't true. Most of my friends are of the male gender and I find them easier to talk to compared to women. With the exception of the few female friends that I have and treasure with all my heart! The men in my life truly are wonderful friends. Like this particular individual I'm talking about right now. What made me realize recently that I have truly been blessed to have met him is the way he is ever-willing to come to my aid even when I did not ask for his help. I feel really grateful that he went out of his way to repair my ailing laptop and managed to restore it back to near perfection. He is always there to lend an ear whenever I need someone to listen, he's always making me laugh whenever I'm down, he's ever ready with a word of advice whenever i need it. And this is someone I've only known for hardly three months! There may be ups and downs in my life, but one thing is for sure, I have been blessed with the company of great friends. For that I will always be grateful to Allah for bringing these wonderful individuals into my life. I pray that I will never take them for granted, and that I am and will always be a great companion in return. To batman, thanks for all that you've done for me. No amount of sugar-free chocolate cakes in the world can ever make up for the kindness that you have shown me!

No comments: