Saturday, October 25, 2008

of anniversaries again...

It’s been a year. How fast time flies… twelve months already. I can still remember the very day I walked up a flight of stairs and a certain stranger opened the door and invited me to come into the studio, and little did we both know at the time, into his life and heart. I never even thought that we would actually start to date much less last for a year. But here we are, despite the fights, still going on strong. This relationship is proving to be the toughest one I’ve had so far. But as my batman pointed out ever so sharply but filled with utmost honesty dipped in concern, nothing worthwhile is ever easy. At this point in time, we both still have no idea where this relationship is going. We’re just taking one day at a time, keeping our fingers crossed, and hoping for the best. But if it doesn’t work out, I will always treasure his presence in my life.

I realized I haven’t written in a while. I’ve just been suffering from a bad case of writer’s block. What it’s like can be likened to a cloud of annoyance hanging over my head. Sometimes I wonder whether I should continue down this road of writing as my main focus in life. But after much contemplating and toying with the idea of doing law or psychology or taking some other path, I realize that I was born to write. I may not be that good at it, but it’s the one thing that allows me to be me and as clichéd as this sounds, it makes me happy. Writing allows me to express myself and as most of my friends will attest to, I am one expressive woman. Every human being placed on this earth by God Almighty is filled with thoughts and ideas. It is up to the individual to find ways to express themselves. For me, I find comfort in ink and paper, or rather my keyboard. I honestly don’t know what I’d do if I woke up one morning and discover that language is a lost concept to me and I can’t put together a sentence anymore. Probably go nuts.

So in the spirit of sanity and all things happy and eccentric and weird, selamat hari ulang tahun yang pertama abang….salam kasih from your princess…. I love you with all my heart...

No comments: